Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 16 - It's lookin' up

I started the day with a very Zen-like calm. That's because I anticipated a 'talking to' or straight up 'get the hell out' at work today. That didn't happen, exactly. I was getting more nervous as the day went on and finally my supervisor comes out to the shipping department, with the quality manager, and the plant manager, and the engineering manager, and the shop manager. So no pressure, right? As it turns out, we all had a pretty good meeting in regards to procedure and I feel like it's finally understood that we have been so busy and overwhelmed, and we're going to implement some changes to how we do things. It sounds like I'm going to get to spend more time doing just the main responsibilties of the shipping and receiving, and less of the side-job stuff and running around in the company truck. So, things went pretty optimistically, in my opinion.

So tonight I decided to:
  • Make dinner and clean up the kitchen afterwards
  • Watch the new Chopped episode
  • Post to my food blog
  • Post to my ADD blog
All done and ready to get to bed.

One thing before I go. I work in a noisy machine shop and I tend to be a pretty noise-sensitive person. It's difficult to concentrate while the sounds of high-speed mills bore into titanium. Listening to music or a podcast sometimes works, but when I'm in a real crunch and can't even focus while music is playing, I opt for earplugs. Plain ol'earplugs. They turn the volume down on everything so I can focus on what I'm doing. It seems to calm me during those really busy times. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment